- Use non-petroleum based bio-plastics made from castor beans.
- DON’T use any cancer-causing toxic automotive lacquer clearcoats.
- Use soy-based elastomer sidewalls instead of toxic ABS.
- Use only low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) epoxy resin systems.
- Our basalt fiber is additive-free & less toxic than conventional fiberglass.
- We use water-cleansed grinding systems to minimize airborne particulate levels.
- We use only renewable forest products for our cores. Columbian Gold is FSC “pure” certified.
- Fast growing trees have long fibers & natural pop. Wood is nature’s fiberglass!
- Our wood sawdust is recycled as a soil additive and scrap wood is donated as kindling.
- We recycle all our scrap plastics (base cutouts, etc.)!
- Our factory heating runs on renewable based biodiesel!
MAGNE-TRACTION Serrated edge "steak knife technology" adds control, reduces fatigue and makes snowboarding easier and more fun in any terrain especially hardpack and ice. 7 strategically sized and located serrations along the edge length. 3 of the large teeth are located in the "unpressurable section" between your feet combine with banana technology to bring the middle of your board to life with control and positive edge hook up where you need it most. 2 small teeth are located outside each of your feet add overall edge control without restricting freestyle freedom and looseness and finally 2 outer teeth are traditional contact points out near the tip and tail turn create a smooth positive turn initiation and catchfree freestyle freedom.
BANANA TECHNOLOGY The original revolutionary all terrain rocker/camber combination contours. Banana Technology makes snowboards better and easier to ride in every way: easier to turn, more catch free jibbing, more pop, better float in powder, better edge hold and carving on hardpack and ice. Banana Technology is a very specific set of all terrain rocker and camber combination bottom contours designed around how a snowboard is ridden and activated. The rocker segment of the contour is located strategically between your feet to combine with the largest Magne-traction® teeth and bring the central "unpressurable section" of your board to life. Camber segments are located outside your feet adding stability, control, power and pop. When you stand on a Banana Tech design, full tip to tail edge contact is activated insuring maximum control, stability and performance on hardpack and ice. Banana Tech is an all terrain hardpack focused rocker camber combination contour.
ASYMMETRY Pickle technology makes snowboards easier and more intuitive to ride through the application of unique balancing design elements to each side of the board that harmonize with your bodies natural asymmetry and the unique toeside and heelside snowboard activation mechanics. Turn mechanics on your toe and heelside are completely different. The angle of attack you can achieve on a toe side turn is much steeper than what is possible on a heelside turn because of ankle, knee and hip dynamics. Toes are like fingers offering much more precise edge control. Heels line up directly under your ankle and legs offering a powerful direct connection to the heelside edge. "Imperceptible Perfection" - Ride a pickle and after a few runs as your board and body become one snowboarding will become intuitive and you won't feel the asymmetry as much as you will notice you are a better snowboarder and having more fun.For tips on your Snow Sport equipment stay in touch with us: facebook/rhythmsnowsports instagram: @rhythmsnowsports twitter: @rhythmsnowsport
Posted by Emily Dorahy on