Rhythm reccommends snow chains for 2WD & 4WD vehicles if you are not confident driving in snowy conditions!
Snow Chain Hire
OPEN 24HRS DURING WINTER
Return the morning after your last rental day for FREE!
We can show you how to practise & fit the chains in-store before you leave so you are ready to go!
Chains are available for a varity of tyre sizes including cars, 4 Wheel Drive & Buses
NSW Ski Resorts are located in the Kosciuszko National park. Snow Tire chains are required in many parts of the national park for 2WD cars.
Don't let winter weather hold you back from experiencing the thrill of the Snowy Mountains. Whether you're a seasoned skier, snowboarder, or just eager to explore the stunning winter landscape, our reliable snow chains will have you covered. With easy installation and a wide range of sizes to fit any vehicle, our snow chains are the perfect companion for your mountain adventures.
How To Fit Hoop Chains
How To Fit Diamond Chains
Do i have to carry snow chains in the NSW National Park?
It is a requirement by NSW governtent to carry properly fitting snow chains when driving a two-wheel-drive vehicle between the June and October long weekends on these roads:
* Kosciuszko Road from the park boundary at Thredbo River
* The Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
* The Island Bend/Guthega Road.
Chains may also be required in certain weather conditions on the Alpine Way between Jindabyne and Thredbo and the Snowy Mountains Highway, so the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) recommends carrying chains along these roads during the winter months.
Tips for driving in the snow.
- * Leave plenty of time to get to the snow and space between you are the car in front so you have time to react to situations in adverse conditions
* Ensure your car and tyres are in good working condition, avoid breaking hard and sharp steering movements as icy roads are slippery and hard to navigate.
* Take the SkiTube to Perisher from Bullocks Flat. This will ease congestion in the carpark and reduce the liklyhood of driving in snowy conditions (chains are not required to the Ski Tube from Jindabyne)
Where do i hire my chains from?
Our BP service station which is inside the Rhythm Snowsports building has the chain hire section. Please bring our tyre size in with you when you are ready to rent chains.
Can i prebook my chain hire?
We dont pre-book chains online to ensure we can offer you the correct size on the day. Take a photo of your tyre when you arrive to show the staff who can then help you select the correct chain size
Where can i check road conditions?
livetraffic.com . Live Traffic is the most comprehensive information on road closures. We also reccommend downloading the Thredbo or Perisher app for up to date information on carparks and lift operations
I have a Four Wheel Drive Car, Do I still need chains?
Whilst you are not required to carry chains we reccommend carrying them if you are not confident on your driving ability in snowy conditions.
How are chain sizes selected?
Rhythm uses an industry standard chart to select your chain size to match your tyres. We use the tyre size you provide to match the chain size.