KIDS TO SNOW CHECKLIST
Packing for yourself is one thing, packing for your child can be alittle more stressful. Here is a checklist to make sure you don't forgetanything when you come to the snow these school holidays!
- Thermals - A very important first layer. Polypropeline or Merino, it doesn't matter but it's very important that it fits well. Best to avoid cotton as it retains moisture which will make kids cold!
- Socks -Everyday socks will just not do, get your kids a good pair of snow socks made from wool or polyester. These are designed to wick sweat, keep feet warm and pad out rental boots.
- Fleece/Vest Puffer - Depending on the temperature, a middle layer will make sure that kids stay warm all day. Aussie conditions call for a fleece (or even a fleece vest). If you're getting them in a size big to grow into, just tuck the rest of the fabric into their pants!
Spyder - speed fleece zip t neck / kids
xtm - monatage necktube / kids
- Jacket - Water proof jacket, go bright so they are easy to spot.
- Pants - Waterproof pants or bib and brace.
- Balaclava/Neckwamer - A warm face protector will keep the kids happy eve in the nastiest condition. Balaclavas are good for bad weather days and neck wamers are good for little kids who aren't used to having things on their heads.
- Helmet - All kids are required to wear a helmet on Australian mountains so find one that fits well! It's not safe to wear a beanie underneath a helmet, but balaclavas will work well to keep heads warm.
- Googles - Googles are an essential item (as well as a helmet) as they keen eyes dry and clean when learning to ski and ripping down the mountain! Try it on with the helmet to make sure there is no gap.
- Gloves/Liners - Mitts are often better for younger kids but ofcourse, it comes dowo to personal preference, somethingthey'll actually keep on. Mitts are easier to help get on for the real little ones.
- Sunscreen - No matter the weather you sunscreen.
- Choccy/Museli Bar - Pocket treats are essential.
ATOMIC - REDSTAR CLUB SPORT 90 SKI BOOTS / KIDS
- Pass - If you've headed up already this season don't forget your pass so you don't have to pay for another one.
- Ski/Board/Poles/Boots - Hard to ski without these.
- Lip Balm - Chapped little lips aren't fun, give the kids a chapstick to use when they stop for breaks.
- Info Card - Always a good idea to write your contact info on a card and put it intheir pockets. Child's name, your name and your contact number. Just incase. Thredbo do school holidays right, check out the events they haveto cater for you and your family these school holidays:
Posted by Emily Dorahy on