Dakine’s Heli Pro series of backpacks are legendary. That may sound like a massive call but these bags are perfect because you can go from using it as your carry on to going backcountry with all the features you need to carry your gear. The smart design of these bags means there are specific places to store different items depending on what size bag you get.
The four bags in the series are:
- Heli Pro II 28L Backpack
- Heli Pro DLX 24L Backpack
- Heli Pro 20L Backpack
- Heli Pack 12L Backpack
Our product of the week is the Heli Pro 20L because of the features and functionality of the pack but also it is in keeping with Dakine's simple colour and design that always looks good!
The features of the Dakine Heli Pro 20L backpack include:
- Vertical snowboard carry, if you don’t have a splitboard this bag still lets you carry your board
- Diagonal ski carry
- Fleeced lined goggle pocket, one of the best features, keeping your goggles safe and dry
- Rescue whistle, going backcountry any extra safety feature is valuable, hopefully never needed but nice to know it is there
- Hydration compatible (check out the Camelbak Stoaway) with a port for the bladder’s tube to reach through the top of the bag
- 15” laptop sleeve
- Side loops providing a place to hold your shovel when it is fully collapsed
That is a big list of features but backcountry bags need to be able to carry all the gear with quick access and Dakine has kept that in mind when designing this bag. It is a bag that has been around for so many years but develops and adapts to the needs of people going backcountry.
Chris Benchetler is the face of the Dakine Heli Pro 20L and it gets him out to the backcountry hiking and skiing with everything he needs. But the Heli Pro series were also tested out by our very own Simple Livers, the packs were functional and the perfect day pack. We like them because you can use it as a normal backpack without it looking too hectic off the snow.
There are more colours in store so if you can't see what you're looking for online don't hesitate to give us a call (02) 6452 2303.
For tips on your Snow Sport equipment stay in touch with us:facebook/rhythmsnowsports