General Description: Unapologetically stiff and powerful, the Surge is built for big days on big lines, and stars Spark's new Tesla T1 System. Features a solid baseplate design, stiffer version of our new Rip ‘N’ Flip Highback, wide supportive ankle straps and a toe cap strap to keep you locked into place. All of this equals more power with greater control in demanding terrain. This binding is preferred by our bigger, more aggressive riders. Maximum power, unparalleled performance, and designed for efficiency: the Surge will put a charge in your backcountry riding!
Walk Mode Angle: Low (12°), High (18°)
Highback: Increased glass fiber content for improved strength and response, yet 30% lighter than previous highbacks. Tool free forward lean adjuster (FLAD) offers complete customization from 0° to 22° in ride mode. FLAD toggles easily between forward lean position and -13° touring position for easy transitions. Re-curve design with gentle outward slope at heel provides comfort in touring position. Vertical slots to accommodate the Strappy Strap – adding touring stability. Large grab hole for easy handling while unstrapped.
- T1 Heel Rest: Redesigned heel rest catches the climbing wire in the 12° and 18° positions and is specifically designed to hold the new T1 Heel Locker in place.
- Snap Ramps & Side-Lock Touring Brackets: Just like the good ‘ole days of our original Tesla System, T1 bindings slide sideways into the offset touring bracket and are locked into place with our snap ramp. No pins, no cables, no fiddle factor.
- Puck Compatibility: Slide them on and snap the ramp down. Snap the ramp up and slide them off. The most functional way to attach your binding to your board in ride mode.
- Ibex Crampons: Slide in from the side while touring and two sets of horns on the Ibex crampons catch the wire in both the 12° and 18°climbing positions, pushing the teeth fully in to the snow for max security on any pitch.
- T1 Heel Locker: New design snaps in to better stay put in locked or free mode. Larger radius bends are stronger and the design allows for more variation in insert locations on the board.